I created this VCP7-CMA (2V0-731) study guide in order to help myself and anyone else studying towards VMware Certified Professional 7 – Cloud Management and Automation Exam
(currently – Beta).
This exam is focus on VMware vRealize® 7.x environment (Automation, Orchenstrator, Business) but you should have a good understanding of vSphere (VCP level) and some minimal knowldge of NSX and vCloud Air (as vRA Endpoints).
I will link to external blogs for most of the stuff for simplicity and speed, if you are the original writer and don’t want me to link to your blog – just write me (gilad.brown at gmail).
Official study tools (as suggested in the blueprint) –
- Foundations and Concepts
- VMware vRealize Suite Getting Started Guide
- vRealize Suite Solution Brochure
- VMware vRealize Suite Datasheet
- Reference Architecture
- Installing vRealize Automation 7.0
- Configuring vRealize Automation
- Managing vRealize Automation
- Installing and Configuring vRealize Automation for the Rainpole Scenario
- Upgrading from vRealize Automation 6.2 to 7.0.1
- vRealize Business for Cloud Installation and Administration Guide
- vRealize Business for Cloud User Guide
- Life Cycle Extensibility
- Using the vRealize Orchestrator Plug-In for vRealize Automation 7.0
|Section 1||Create and Modify vRealize Automation Blueprints|
|Objective 1.1||Create, Modify and Publish Blueprints Based on a Given Design|
|Objective 1.2||Create and Manage XaaS Blueprints with Custom Resource Mappings|
|Section 2||Configure and Manage Tenants and Business Groups|
|Objective 2.1||Create and Manage Tenants|
|Objective 2.2||Create and Manage Directories|
|Objective 2.3||Create and Manage Business Groups|
|Objective 2.4||Manage User and Group Role Assignments|
|Section 3||Install and Configure vRealize Automation and Related Components|
|Objective 3.1||Install a Minimal Deployment|
|Objective 3.2||Install an Enterprise Deployment|
|Objective 3.3||Install and Configure vRealize Business Standard for use with vRealize Automation|
|Objective 3.4||Troubleshoot Common vRealize Automation Installation and Configuration Errors|
|Section 4||Configure and Manage the vRealize Automation Catalog|
|Objective 4.1||Manage the vRealize Automation Catalog|
|Objective 4.2||Create and Manage Approval Policies|
|Objective 4.3||Provision Resources from a vRealize Automation Catalog|
|Objective 4.4||Locate and Reclaim Resources Based on Provided Criteria|
|Objective 4.5||Manage Provisioned Resources|
|Section 5||Configure and Administer Fabric Groups and Endpoints|
|Objective 5.1||Create and Manage VMware Endpoints|
|Objective 5.2||Create and Manage Fabric Groups, Reservations and Network Profiles|
|Section 6||Extend a vRealize Automation Implementation|
|Objective 6.1||Configure vRealize Orchestrator for use with vRealize Automation|
|Objective 6.2||Create and Manage Event Broker Subscriptions|
|Objective 6.3||Configure Virtual Machine Lifecycle Automation|
|Objective 6.4||Install and Configure Plugins in vRealize Orchestrator|
|Objective 6.5||Modify and Run Basic vRealize Orchestrator Workflows|
Additional materials –
- The IT Hollow – Eric Shanks amazing blog, I have learned much of what I know about vRealize Automation from this blog.
- VirtualJad – Another amazing blog by Jad El-Zein, lots of technical info about vRA, NSX and Automation.
- Grant Orchard blog – blog focus on vRealize Automation.
- VM to Cloud – Ryan Kelly blog, Automation and DevOps stuff.
- VCP7-CMA (2V0-731) Practice Exam
- HOL – VMware Hands On Labs
- HOL-1721-USE-1 – vRealize Automation 7 Basics
- HOL-1721-USE-2 – vRealize Automation 7 Advanced
- HOL-1721-USE-3 – vRealize Automation Advanced Extensibility
- HOL-1790-CHG-1 – vRealize Automation: Challenge Lab
- HOL-1783-HBD-1 – VMware vCloud Air – Manage Your Cloud
- HOL-1706-SDC-1 – Cloud Management Platform: Integrating the Parts
- HOL-1706-SDC-6 – Guide to SDDC: VMware Validated Designs
I will try to update this page with more resources in the future so keep checking this page from time to time. Please comment or email me if you think I missed something.
Good luck with the exam!